Due to ongoing operations and last minute events, training dates are subject to change. RAT-SAR members should verify the training time and date prior to arrival.
Due to Covid-19, physical participation in RAT-SAR training / meetings is strictly voluntary. If you choose to participate, please read the following statement:
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the participation in group activities in which social distancing is difficult, if not impossible, is likely to result in the increased chance of exposure to the virus, which may increase the likelihood of contracting the disease. This exposure is possible through direct contact with other people, proximity to other people, and contact with surfaces that other people have had contact with. By participating in the activities, you represent that you do not have reason to believe that you have contracted the disease, have not experienced symptoms of the disease, or have been diagnosed with the disease. By participating in this activity, you represent that you have been informed of these risks and voluntarily assume the risks of potential infection of the disease. You also understand that there is the possibility that you may transmit the disease to others, even if you do not show symptoms of the disease.
July 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
July 17, 2021
Introduction to SAR
The Introduction to Search and Rescue (ISAR)/SARTECH III course is designed to provide knowledge concerning the general responsibilities, skills, abilities, and the equipment needed by persons who would be participating in a search or rescue mission. The course is based around rural and wilderness environments but the material is recommended as a base of knowledge for all SAR environments.
ISAR/SARTECH III is the first course in a stepping stone approach to higher-level NASAR courses of training for emergency personnel. It provides a common starting point in training for the new person to SAR and in many cases, an excellent refresher course for the more experience SAR worker. This common starting point provides continuity during SAR operations and future training of all team members.
Who Should Attend
- Persons who are interested in becoming involved or have just become involved with search and rescue operations.
- SAR personnel who would like to maintain or refresh their knowledge of search and rescue.
- Emergency response personnel who belong to organizations who provide resources and assistance during search and rescue missions.
- Managers of emergency response organizations who want to understand the state-of-the-art skills and knowledge needed by the SAR workers.
- Community members and groups (scouts, hunters, hikers, etc.) that have an interest in safety and preventative SAR operations
There are no prerequisites to the ISAR/SARTECH III course.
The ISAR/SARTECH III course is not required prior to taking the SARTECH III exam online. While recommended, the ISAR/SARTECH III course is also not required prior to taking the Fundamentals of Search and Rescue course or the SARTECH II certification exam.
- SAR: What is it and how do you fit in?
- Components of SAR
- SAR Management System
- Land Navigation and Orienteering
- SAR Resources
- Search Philosophy and Probability Theory
- Search Tactics
- Clue Consciousness
- Search Operations
- Lost Person Behavior
- Helicopter Operations in SAR Communications
Email Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this course.